Vegetable chop or Beetroot and corn cutlet is the cutlet with crispy exterior stuffed with potatoes, corns, beetroot, and carrot.
This appetizer is good for a kids party or lunch box.you can prepare this recipe a day before and store it in airtight container in refrigerator and fry it the next day.
I had prepared this recipe for my guest and they loved it and I thought to share this recipe with you all.
The vibrant color of beetroot makes the vegetable chop more interesting and attractive, it is the perfect appetizer to add it in the party menu.you can add veggies according to your choice like peas, onion, capsicum, etc.
Toasted flattened rice or poha make this cutlet different from another cutlet as it had extra crispiness in every bite.
Other potato appetizer recipe:
- Potato cheese corns nuggets
- Potato balls recipe without breadcrumbs
- Homemade potato chips recipe
- Papad potato cutlet
In this recipe potato is the base, so do not reduce the number of boiled potatoes. rest you can add veggies according to your choice.
This recipe include a total of 13 ingredients and ingredients are very basic which would be surely available in every kitchen pantry.
HOW TO SERVE BEETROOT AND CORN CUTLET?
This recipe can be served with green coriander chutney or mint chutney or with tomato ketchup, you can also serve it with a tea as a tea time snacks, serve it hot.
STEP BY STEP RECIPE OF BEETROOT AND CORN CUTLET?
- 5 medium size boiled potatoes
- 1/4 cup boiled corns
- 1/2 beetroot (grated)
- 1 medium-size carrot (grated)
- 2 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon dried mango powder or amchur powder
- 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 cup poha
- 1 tablespoon curry leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Oil for frying
- Boil 5 medium-sized potatoes and 1/4 cup of corn. meanwhile, grate 1 medium-sized carrot and 1/2 beetroot.
- In a bowl add mashed potatoes, boiled corns, 2 tablespoon salt, 1 tablespoon red chili powder, 1 tablespoon coriander powder, 1tablespoon amchur powder (dried mango powder) and 2 tablespoon ginger garlic paste. mix the mixture nicely, so that all the spices and veggies are combined well.
- In a pan add 1 cup poha, 1tablespoon curry leaves, and 1 teaspoon salt.roast the poha on medium flame until golden and crisp.when the poha is roasted, transfer it in a plate and crush the poha with hand into small pieces for coating the cutlet with it.
- Now apply oil on your palm and take a small portion of potato and veggies mixture and roll it into a cylindrical shape or you can shape it according to your choice.when the cutlet is shaped then roll it in the crushed roasted poha or flattened rice and do the same for rest of the potato and veggies mixture.
- Heat the oil for frying, when the oil is hot fry the tikki until golden brown and crisp then drain in a tissue paper and serve it hot.
Fry the beetroot cutlet in hot oil, otherwise cutlet will absorb the oil and poha crumb will not stick to the cutlet.
You can shape the cutlet according to your choice and veggies as well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 127Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 10mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 3gProtein: 2g
All information presented and written within shellyfoodspot.com are intended for informational purposes only.
If you have prepared Vegetable chop|beetroot and corn cutlet recipe| beetroot cutlet or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and let me know how you liked it.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.