Vegan Crispy Potatoes Balls|Potato Balls Without Egg and breadcrumbs: step by step instructions with images.
Hi potato lovers, here is the simple and crispy potato balls recipe for you and trust me you’re going to love it as this recipe neither requires breadcrumbs or egg.
This potato balls are perfect for thanksgiving, Christmas or iftar or you can have it as a evening snacks with a cup of tea or coffee.
Potato is my all-time favourite vegetable, you can cook it in many different ways and you will find all of them very tasty. you can boil it, bake it, fry it, cook as a sabzi or curry.
This recipe can also be prepared with leftover boiled mashed potatoes. these potatoes balls have a crispy exterior and soft potatoes, onion and capsicum stuffing on the interior.
While serving insert toothpick in the balls or add 4 to 5 potato balls in skewers as shown in image.
This potato balls are:
- Vegan or vegetarian
- Requires no breadcrumbs
- Very easy to make
- require basic ingredients
I hope you will give it a try and like this recipe.
- Potatoes: this recipe requires boiled potatoes you can even use leftover mashed potatoes or to make your work more quick and easy boil the potatoes a day before and on the next day peel, mash and use.
- Cornflour: you can substitute cornflour with cornstarch, cornflour does the work of binding in this recipe.
- Other: you can increase or decrease the amount of capsicum(green bell pepper), onion or coriander leaves or if you want the potato balls to be plain then don’t add all these ingredients.
How to make potato balls
- Boil, peel and mash the boiled potatoes.
- In the mashed potatoes add chopped capsicum, onion, coriander leaves and green chilli.
- Mix it well then add in salt, red chilli powder and cornflour.
- Now, mix it.
- After mixing, shape the potato mixture into small walnut-size balls, apply little oil on your palms then take a small portion of potato mixture and shape it into a ball.
- Repeat the same for the rest of the potato mixture.
- Heat the refined oil or canola oil in a deep frying pan. fry the potato balls at medium flame and fry until golden and crisp.
- when fried transfer it to a plate lined with absorbent paper.
- Serve it hot with tomato ketchup or coriander chutney and with tea or coffee or orange mojito.
Checkout vegan potato balls recipe video on YouTube.
Other recipes you might like:
- 6 medium boiled potatoes
- 1 small size onion
- 1 medium size capsicum or green bell peppers
- 2 green chillies
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- Oil (for frying)
- Boil the potatoes and I have boiled 6 medium size potatoes.you can also use leftover boiled mashed potatoes.peel and mash the boiled potatoes.
- Then chop one small size onion, one medium size capsicum or green bell peppers, 2 green chilies finely chopped, and 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves.
- Add chopped veggies and 1 tablespoon cornflour, 1/2 tablespoon salt and red chilli powder to mashed potatoes.
- Mix it well.
- Apply oil on your palms and take a small portion of mashed potatoes and shape it into a ball.
- I have prepared 22 balls from it, repeat the same for the rest of the mashed potatoes.
- Heat the refined vegetable oil, fry the balls on medium flame until golden and crispy.
- When fried transfer it to a plate lined with absorbent paper.
- Serve it hot.
- Fry the potatoes balls on medium flame to prevent it from burning.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 120Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 600mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 6gSugar: 4gProtein: 5g
In winters or monsoon season, its one of the best times to enjoy these crispy potato balls with a hot cup of tea. you can also prepare this recipe for the guest visiting on last-minute notice and they will surely like it.
If you have tried this Vegan Crispy Potatoes Balls|Potato Balls Without Egg and breadcrumbs recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and let me know how you liked it.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.