Nankhatai|how to make nankhatai|nankhatai recipe- step by step recipe with pictures.
Nankhatai is everyone favourite cookies, it just melts into your mouth. It is a very popular bakery cookie in India
I like to prepare this cookie at home rather than buying from a bakery shop because homemade cookies are the best, cheaper than a store-bought and you can ensure cleanliness as well.
When you will bake nankhatai, the heavenly aroma will spread all over your kitchen.it is a delight to drool for 😍.
you can prepare these cookies on Eid, Diwali, Christmas or on any time you want.
Step by step instructions with pictures:
In a large bowl add clarified butter or ghee and powdered sugar. whisk sugar and ghee until combined well.
Then add all-purpose flour, cornflour, salt, semolina or sooji, cardamom powder and gram flour or besan.
fold it gently until a smooth dough is formed.
Now take small walnut size portion of dough and shape it into a ball.
Make a cross with the help of knife on the centre of each dough ball and add some chopped almonds on it.
Bake it in a preheated oven for 15-17 minutes on 180 degrees C or until the cookies are slightly golden in colour.
when baked cool it on wire rack.Store it in an airtight container in room temperature.
Other recipes you might like:
*Some of my posts may contain affiliate links! Meaning: I get a small commission if you click & make purchase through those links and will not cost you anything extra.*
- In a large mixing bowl add 1 cup melted clarified butter or ghee and 1 cup powdered sugar. whisk sugar and ghee for 3 to 5minutes.
- After sugar and ghee is combined well, then add 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon cornflour, 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon cardamom powder, 2 tablespoons semolina or sooji, and 1/2 cup gram flour or besan. fold gently wet ingredients and dry ingredients until a smooth dough is formed. do not over-knead the dough.
- When the smooth and soft dough is prepared then take a small portion of dough and shape it into a ball.flatten each dough balls slightly with your hands.
- Make a cross with the help of knife on each dough ball, then add chopped almond on the centre of the dough balls.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 15-17 minutes on 180 degrees C or until the cookies are slightly golden in colour. when baked cool it on wire rack.
- It's ready!! Store it in an airtight container in room temperature.
Don’t overbake the cookies.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 25mgSodium: 32mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 1gSugar: 6gProtein: 3g
All information presented and written within shellyfoodspot.com are intended for informational purposes only.
If you have tried Nankhatai|how to make nankhatai|nankhatai recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and also share a snap how it turned out.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.