Simplest and easiest Potato curry without onion and garlic|aloo curry. You just need 15 minutes to prepare this recipe and it tastes delicious with pooris or chapati.
Potato curry or aloo curry is very popular in north India. Grated tomatoes in this curry make it tangy and the rest of the spices make it flavourful.
The best part in this recipe is it doesn’t have onion and garlic. You won’t realize that it doesn’t have onion or garlic, usually food without onion and garlic are prepared during Navratri but this curry can be made anytime.
You can also try the dry version of potato sabzi, I am having this potato curry and potato sabzi since childhood and I still love it. It is usually prepared for breakfast and lunch at my home.
Potato is an incredibly versatile ingredient and hardly there would be someone who doesn’t like it. Potatoes also enhance thickness and the richness in curries.
How to boil potatoes in pressure cooker?
In a pressure cooker add potatoes with skin and water, there should be enough water so that all the potatoes are submerged in it.
For big potatoes – 3 whistles on high flame and keep it at low flame for 3 to 5 minutes. But don’t open the lid of the pressure cooker until it has pressure in it.
For small potatoes– 2 whistles on high flame and keep it on low flame for 3 to 5 minutes. don’t open the lid of the pressure cooker until it has pressure in it.
How to add flavour to food without onion and garlic?
Usually, everyone assumes that food without onion and garlic has no taste. But trust me you can prepare many recipes without onion and garlic and you won’t feel the absence of it.
You can use tomato puree in curries or you can use a different herb like coriander, basil, mint leaves for blissful aroma and you can use different spices in your food which carries the food to another level.
You can also, try these recipes without onion and garlic:
- sookhe kale chane
- Chole masala recipe
- Potato cheese corn nuggets
- Dry aloo sabzi without onion and garlic
Step by step recipe with pictures:
1. To prepare this recipe get ready with diced boiled potato, chopped coriander leave, speared green chilli and grated tomatoes. I would recommend you to use fresh tomatoes rather than canned puree.
2. In a kadhai or deep frying pan or a pot add mustard oil and heat it on medium flame then add black mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dried red chilli, green chilli and grated tomatoes.
3. Cook it on medium flame by stirring constantly.
4. After 2 to 3 minutes add all the spices that are red chilli powder, salt, coriander powder, turmeric powder and amchur powder(mango powder).
5. Mix it well and then add boiled diced potatoes, You can also crumble 3 or 4 pieces of potatoes as well. Mix it gently so that spices are coated with potatoes.
6. Cover the pan with a lid for 2 to 3 minutes on low flame, then add water and mix it well. Again cover it with a lid for 8 to 10 minutes on low flame to let it boil.
7. Open the lid and add chopped coriander leaves and garam masala. Mix it and it’s done.
8. Serve it hot with chapati or poori, it can also accompanied with some roti chips as well.
Other recipes you might like:
Aloo gobhi gajar matar ki sabzi|mix veg sabzi
Check out Potato curry without onion and garlic|aloo curry video on YOUTUBE.
Potato curry without onion and garlic|aloo curry
Easy to make potato curry recipe without onion and garlic, you need only 15 minutes and few basics ingredients to make this recipe.
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1/4 teaspoon black mustard seeds (rai)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin seed (jeera)
- 1 Dried red chilli (sookhi Lal mirch)
- 2 green chilli sliced
- 3 medium size boiled potatoes diced
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1/2 teaspoon amchuran powder(dried mango powder)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1/8 teaspoon garam masala
- In a kadhai or a pot add 3 tablespoon mustard oil. heat the oil on medium flame and add 1/4 teaspoon black mustard seeds, 1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 dried red chilli, 2 slited green chilli and 2 grated tomatoes.
- Cook it on medium flame by stirring continuously for atleast 3 to 4 minutes. Then add all the spices that is 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder, 1/2 teaspoon amchur powder, 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Mix it well and then add diced boiled potatoes again mix it gently so that all the potatoes are coated with masala.
- Cover the kadhai with a lid on low flame for 2 to 3 minutes then open the lid and add 1 cup water and mix it well again cover it with a lid for 8 to 10 minutes at low flame to let it boil.
- After 8 to 10 minutes open the lid and add 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves and 1/8 teaspoon garam masala or a pinch of it.
- Mix it well and turn off the flame.
- Serve it hot.
- Use fresh grated tomatoes instead of canned or store bought puree.
Serving Size:1 bowl
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 40gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 101mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 6gSugar: 7gProtein: 40g
All information presented and written within shellyfoodspot.com are intended for informational purposes only.
If you have prepared Potato curry without onion and garlic|aloo curry or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and also share a snap how it turned out.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.