Paneer Tikka Recipe In Otg|paneer tikka recipe restaurant style- step by step recipe with pictures.
Make restaurant-style paneer tikka at home. an authentic way to prepare paneer tikka is to arrange marinated paneer and vegetable into skewers and then grilled in a tandoor.
In north India, paneer tikka is the most ordered starter in restaurants even I order paneer tikka every time when visiting any restaurant, the classic paneer tikka in restaurants is prepared in the tandoor, but you can get the same taste at home by preparing in OTG (oven toaster griller) or on a grill pan or on a nonstick pan.
Appetizer recipes you might like: potato balls without egg, vegetarian Nepali momos, potato chips recipe.
The most important thing in paneer tikka is to use fresh spices rather than store-bought tikka masala fresh spices would give a rich flavor to the dish and the second important thing in this recipe is marination, more the flavourful paneer tikka would be.
What is Paneer?
Paneer or cottage cheese is a dairy product that has a good source of protein, vitamins, minerals, and calcium.
paneer can easily be prepared at home by curdling milk with the help of lemon juice or vinegar.you can use fresh paneer or store-bought paneer too from dairy shops.
What is Paneer Tikka?
Paneer tikka is a popular appetizer in north India, which is traditionally prepared in a tandoor to get its authentic taste.
Step by step instructions with pictures:
1. First dice the vegetable- 2 medium size capsicum or green bell pepper, 2 medium size onion, 2 medium size tomato, 400 gram of paneer or cottage cheese.
2. Dry roast 1 tablespoon of fennel seed and powder it with a mortar and pestle.
3. For marination, take a bowl and add 1 cup thick yogurt, 1 teaspoon roasted cumin powder, 1/2 teaspoon garam masala, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder, 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala, 1 teaspoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt,1 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste, 1 teaspoon crushed Kasuri methi leaves, and 1 tablespoon toasted fennel seed powder. mix it well.
4. In a pan add 3 tablespoons of mustard oil, heat the oil on medium flame then add 1/2 teaspoon of carom seeds and 2 tablespoons of chickpea flour or besan.
5. Stir it continuously so that it doesn’t burn and cook it on low to medium flame. don’t make the mixture brown, turn off the flame when it is cooked smell and slightly golden in colour.
6. Transfer it to a marination bowl and whisk the yogurt and chickpea mixture until smooth.
6. Add diced paneer and vegetables to the marination and mix it well, so that the marination is coated well then cover the bowl and leave it for 2 hours in a refrigerator or you can also marinate it for overnight. (* I forgot to add Kasuri methi dry leave so I added it later *)
7. When paneer is marinated, arrange the paneer and vegetable into skewers then preheat the oven at 230 degrees C and bake it at 180 degrees C at the middle rack of the oven for 20 to 25 minutes.
8. After 20 minutes broil it for 5 to 7 minutes at the upper rack of the oven at 200 degrees C. broiling helps in grilling the tikka.
9. When paneer tikka is broiled serve it hot with coriander chutney.
Tips for Perfect Paneer Tikka
If you want your paneer tikka to have a restaurant like red color, you can add deggi red chili powder in the marination, as it is less spicy and gives a good color to paneer tikka.
Marinate it for good 3 to 5 hours.if you don’t have time then you can marinate it for at least 2 hours. marination leads to flavorful paneer tikka.
You can prepare paneer tikka in Otg, or on nonstick Tawa(pan).
Do not use parchment paper on the baking tray, while baking paneer tikka as the paneer would stick to the parchment paper. when baking paneer tikka grease the baking tray with some oil.
Other recipes you might like:
Paneer Tikka Recipe In Otg|paneer tikka recipe restaurant style
Make restaurant-style paneer tikka at home.Perfect appetizer for parties
- 1 tablespoon Fennel seed
- 1 cup thick yoghurt
- 1 teaspoon roasted cumin seed powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- 1 teaspoon dried Kasuri methi leaves
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil
- 1/2 teaspoon carrom seeds
- 2 tablespoon chickpea flour or besan
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 medium size tomato
- 1 medium size capsicum
- 400 gram paneer or cottage cheese
- Please check step by step instructions with pictures mentioned above in detail.
Marinate it for good 3 to 5 hours.if you don't have time then you can marinate it for at least 2 hours. marination leads to flavorful paneer tikka.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 437Total Fat: 27gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 13mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 25g
If you have tried Paneer Tikka Recipe In Otg|paneer tikka recipe restaurant style or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and let me know how you liked it.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.