This recipe is
Many types of recipes can be prepared with oats, such as oats cookies, oats cake, truffle or oats protein bar, upma, porridge, idli, poha, khichdi, etc.
you will not realize while eating that there are oats in it. when i was preparing this recipe my younger brother was helping me while cooking and when he saw oats, he was like it won’t taste good as it has oats in it and when i served him
Oats in this recipe add crispiness to the tikki, there is no need to roll the tikki in bread crumbs or corn flakes.
Tiikki is a very popular snack in north India and it has many varieties as well, this recipe is the healthier version of tikki
Other recipes you might like:
Peanut butter and oatmeal balls
Oats Tikki chaat recipe|oats tasty and healthy recipe|basic oatmeal recipe
Easy to mate oats potato tikki, taste delicious when served with green chutney. Perfect appetizer for kitty party or birthdays.
- 1 cup oats
- 3 medium size boiled potatoes
- 1 tablespoon cumin seed powder
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- Refined oil or canola oil for shallow frying
- start by adding 1 cup of oats in a bowl, then add 3 boiled mashed or grated potatoes.add 1 tablespoon roasted cumin seed powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder, 1 teaspoon salt or as desired, 1/4 teaspoon chaat masala, 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder and one chopped green chili.
- mix it well.
- when the mixture is mixed properly, start by taking an equal portion of your desired size and roll it into a ball and press it lightly.do the same for the rest of the mixture.
- heat the oil for shallow frying in a frying pan.when the oil is hot, add the prepared tikki to the oil carefully. turn tikki to another side when one side golden brown and cook it from both side.remove the tikki as soon as it is cooked and transfer it to tissue paper to absorb extra oil.
- serve it with tamarind chutney or green chutney and onion ring.you can also prepare oats tikki chaat by topping the tikki with green chutney and drizling some tangy tamarind chutney with yogurt and onion.
- serve it hot.
you can deep fry it or shallow fry it as well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 167Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 6g
If you have tried Oats Tikki chaat recipe|oats tasty and healthy recipe|basic oatmeal recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and let me know how you liked it.
We would love to see your creation you can picture at [email protected] or you can also share the pics at Pinterest.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.