Methi saag|Methi aloo sabzi recipe: is the excellent combination of potato and fenugreek leaves. This aloo methi recipe requires basic ingredients and is very easy to make.
Aloo methi ki sabji is very popular punjabi North Indian recipe. It is the perfect cold weather meal, pair this sabzi with paratha or roti.
I would recommend you to use mustard oil in this recipe, you can also use vegetable oil as well but mustard oil make the sabzi more flavourful and it has strong taste.
This dry methi sabzi is without onion, garlic and tomatoes, vegan, healthy, gluten-free and suitable to carry while travelling. It stays fresh for 2 days.
Other travel-friendly food recipes:
It has the rich flavour of methi, you can adjust the quantity of methi or potatoes. If you want intense flavour of methi increase the quantity of it. when the methi leaves are cooked it becomes half in quantity.
My grandmother loves saag either it’s soya saag, methi saag, sarso saag. My mother boil Palak saag and keep it in refrigerator and whenever we want to eat it, we temper it and eat it with roti.
You can store this sabzi in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
This simplest comfort food can be prepared in 15 minutes, prepare it on lazy Mondays for lunch or dinner. I hope you will like this alu methi sabzi.
How to clean methi leaves
- Pluck the leaves from the thick stalk also, remove yellow leaves. Discard the yellow leaves and thick stalk.
- You can also, store the cleaned methi leaves in an airtight container in the refrigerator and can be used the next day.
- Chop the methi leaves finely and then wash it 2 3 times to remove all the soil or any dirt.
How to make methi aloo ki sabzi
1. Heat mustard oil in a deep bottom pan or kadhai on medium flame, then in the hot mustard oil add cubed potatoes and finely chopped green chilli.
2. Then lower the flame to simmer add salt and red chilli powder then mix it well.
3. Clean, chop, wash and drain the methi leaves. wash it 2 3 times to remove all the dirt from it. Add chopped, washed and drained methi leaves or fenugreek leaves in kadhai. Add water in it then stir and cover it with a lid.
4. After 5 to 6 minutes uncover the pan and check if the potatoes and methi are cooked. poke the knife in potato, if the knife goes in easily then the potatoes are cooked. if the methi becomes half in size then the methi is cooked.
if methi leaves and potatoes are not cooked then cover and cook for few more minutes. also, add a tablespoon of water if all the water is soaked.
if potatoes and methi are cooked then you dont need to add water if their is no water.
5. When the potatoes and methi are cooked, sautee it on medium flame by stirring occasionally. continue to cook until the water is dry.
6. Once all the water is dried up then turn off the flame.
7. Serve it hot with chapati, coriander chutney and salad.
Checkout Methi saag recipe|Methi aloo sabzi recipe recipe on youtube.
Other recipes you might like
- 3 cup methi leaves(fenugreek leaves )
- 3 teaspoon mustard oil
- 3 potatoes (diced)
- 2 green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 2 tablespoon water
- In a Pan or kadhai heat 3 teaspoon mustard oil and add 3 diced potatoes, 2 finely chopped green chilli, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder in it.
- Mix it well and cook it on low flame
- Then add 3 cup chopped methi leaves in it and stir it nicely. Add 2 tablespoon water in it again mix it.
- Cover and cook the aloo methi sabzi for 5-6 minutes.
- Then check if the potatoes and methi are cooked. poke the knife in potato, if the knife goes in easily then the potatoes are cooked. if the methi becomes half in size then the methi is cooked.
- When the potatoes and methi are cooked, sautee it on medium flame by stirring occasionally. continue to cook until the water is dry.
- Once all the water is dried up, turn off the flame and serve.
- you can adjust the amount of methi leaves and potatoes according to your choice.
- If the water is dried up while cooking and potatoes are not cooked then add a tablespoon of water then again cook for few minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 190Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 56gFiber: 6gSugar: 0gProtein: 29g
All information presented and written within shellyfoodspot.com are intended for informational purposes only.
If you have tried this aloo methi sabzi recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and also share a snap how it turned out.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.