Learn how to make quinoa flour at home with just few steps, Quinoa is also known as the mother grain, it is gluten-free and has a high amount of protein than other cereals.
Quinoa has become quite popular in India, a few years ago and back then it was very costly but now due to so much of awareness, there are many companies selling it at reasonable prices.
I was introduced to quinoa this year and I am still experimenting on it and including it in salads, pancakes, roti etc. currently, I am experimenting on gluten-free cake and dumplings with quinoa flour.
If it turned out good I will definitely share with you all. 😀
In India, 1 kg of quinoa can cost you ₹299 to ₹350 or $4 to $5.
Checkout the quinoa flour recipe video at YOUTUBE.
How to make quinoa tortilla or any flat bread
- If you want tortilla or chapati or any flat bread to be soft then always knead the dough with warm water.
- For tortilla or any flatbread, you can also combine the 2 flour. (50-50) oat flour+wheat flour or Ragi flour+quinoa flour.
Baking with quinoa flour?
- For the gluten-free cake, you can use the combo of Ragi+Jowar+Bajra flour.
- You can add cooked quinoa in milk pudding, risotto or uttapam.
- If you’re using bajra flour in baking then always make sure to use the combo of 2 flour because bajra is dense, so you can combine it with all-purpose flour or wheat flour.
How to make quinoa flour at home? (Step by step instructions)
1. In a pan add quinoa and dry roast it for 8-10 minutes by stirring constantly on low flame.
2. After 8 to 10 minutes quinoa will start turning golden in colour but make sure you don’t burn it.
3. Turn off the flame and let it cool down.
4. Grind or blend the quinoa at high speed until it turns into fine powder.
5. Transfer the quinoa flour in a strainer and sift it until the large particles remain on the strainer.
6. Store the sifted flour in an airtight container and remaining bigger particles on the strainer can be made as a pudding with warm milk.
7. Flour is ready, you can store it in an airtight container for 1 month at room temperature.
Other recipes you might like:
- 1 cup quinoa
- In a pan dry roast 1 cup quinoa on low flame by stirring continuously.
- Make sure you don't burn it or make it brown.
- After 8-9 minutes quinoa will start turning golden.
- Turn off the flame and let in cool. Grind the toasted quinoa at high speed until it becomes a fine powder.
- Sift the ground quinoa in a strainer, store the quinoa flour in an airtight container and the bigger particles left in the strainer can be used to make milk pudding.
- Flour is ready you can use these flour in baking cakes or cookies or for tortilla or any flat bread.
- Hardly 2 tablespoon of bigger particles of quinoa was left after sifting, so I made pudding out of it.
- To make pudding- In a pan add 1 cup milk, 2 to 3 tablespoon sugar, then add 2 tablespoon of large chunks of quinoa and bring the milk to boil and it’s ready. 😄 the pudding will turn thick top it with chopped banana.
- Store the flour in an airtight container.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 222Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 39gFiber: 5gSugar: 0gProtein: 8g
All information presented and written within shellyfoodspot.com are intended for informational purposes only.
If you have tried quinoa flour recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and let me know how you liked it.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.