Learn how to make momos with rice flour|rice flour momos (step by step instructions with pictures)
Healthy, gluten free, full of flavours and vegan momos. One of my reader asked for gluten-free momos recipe, so here is a recipe.🙂
These gluten free momos tastes delicious and you don’t need to compromise with taste. There are many people who are allergic to gluten and have to think twice before eating anything outside.
Check out some more gluten-free recipes.
You can also use the combination of ragi flour and rice flour to prepare gluten-free momos dough.
Momos are very popular in Asia, some of my favourite places to have momos is in bhairava Nepal their is restaurant name black forest they serve very flavorful momos with tomato sesame chutney and In Delhi their is a Tibetan women she serves delicious momos.
You can also try Nepali style momos at home.
I hope you will give it a try and like it. This recipe is little bit time taking but your work can become easier when you have helping hands. If you prefer chicken stuffing or non veg stuffing in momos then replace it as per your choice.
- Tips for perfect rice flour momos
- How to make veg momos with rice flour (step by step)
- How to make momos steamer at home
- Other recipes you might like
- Recipe card
Tips for perfect rice flour momos
- Squeeze out all the water from the veg stuffing to prevent the momos from being soggy.
- Shape the momos into a half-moon shape. as the rice flour, is gluten-free so it has less elasticity and is more on the smoother side. Making half-moon shape is very easy checkout the steps mentioned below.
How to make veg momos with rice flour (step by step)
Rice flour momos dough:
1. In a bowl add rice flour, cornstarch or cornflour and salt. Mix the dry ingredients and then add little by little water water in it and knead the dough until smooth.
2. After kneading the dough let it rest for 20 to 30 minutes. meanwhile, make the veg momos stuffing.
Veg stuffing for momos:
3. In a chopper add spring onion or green onion, green chilli, coriander leaves, garlic, ginger and onion. Chop it finely.
4. Place the finely chopped veg mixture into a muslin cloth and squeeze all the water from it.
5. Take out the stuffing from cloth then transfer it to a plate then add salt and black pepper powder in it and mix.
Rolling & Shaping:
6. Divide the dough into small lemon size balls then roll the dough balls into 3 to 4-inch disk by sprinkling some rice flour to prevent it from sticking.
7. Roll it thin, you can even roll this rice dough with your finger or rolling pin.
8. When all the dough balls are rolled then place the stuffing in the centre then fold the dough over the filling, then press the edge together with forefinger and thumb to make half-moon shape.
9. Repeat the same for the rest of the rolled dough wrapper.
10. Place the shaped gluten-free momos on steamer and steam it for 5-6 minutes. When steamed serve it hot with mom chutney.
Checkout rice flour momos recipe at YouTube.
How to make momos steamer at home
You can make your own momos steamer at home in just 5 minutes all you need is 4 basic items –
- A pot
- Foil paper
I think these basic things would be available in every household. I always make this DIY steamer for steaming momos and guess what you can make 2 steamers at one time to save your time.
1. Take a pot and add water in it, the water level should be less then half. Then take a foil paper and cover the pot with foil paper.
2. Seal the edges tightly with fingers. Then make holes on the foil paper as shown in pictures.
3. Your steamer is ready. Isn’t easy? Place the momos on top of foil paper and steam the momos by covering the pot with a lid.
4. You can also check out the momos steamer video on YouTube.
Other recipes you might like
Connect with us on Instagram, YouTube & Pinterest.
How to make momos with rice flour|Rice flour momos(healthy momos)
Gluten free, healthy and vegan momos prepared with rice flour dough and stuffed with finely chopped vegetables.
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1/3 cup cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Water (to knead dough)
- 3 green chilli
- 2 inch ginger
- 9 clove garlic
- 1 medium size onion
- 1 spring onion
- 2 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch black pepper powder
- To prepare dough, in a bowl add 1 cup rice flour, 1/3 cup cornstarch or cornflour and salt. Mix all the dry ingredients and add water little by little and knead it until smooth dough is formed. Let the dough rest for 20 to 25 minutes.
- To prepare stuffing in a chopper add spring onion or green onion, garlic, coriander leaves, green chilli, ginger and onion. Chop it finely.
- To squeeze out water from the veg stuffing transfer the stuffing in the muslin cloth then with the help of your hand squeeze out all the water from it. This step is very important so don’t skip it.
- Transfer the squeezed veg stuffing mixture to a plate then add salt and a pinch of black pepper powder in it. Stuffing is ready for momos.
- Divide the rice flour dough into lemon size small balls and roll it thin by sprinkling some flour on it.
- When all the rice flour dough are rolled place the stuffing in the centre and seal the wrapper gently from the edges.
- Repeat the same for rest of the momos
- Place the momos in the steamer and steam it for 5 to 6 minutes.
- When steamed serve it immediately with momo chutney.
- Shape the momos into a half-moon shape. as the rice flour, is gluten-free so it has less elasticity and is more on the smoother side.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 70Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 4mgCarbohydrates: 1gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 7g
All information presented and written within shellyfoodspot.com are intended for informational purposes only.
If you have tried this rice flour momos recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and also share a snap how it turned out.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.