Prepare this instant Gulab jamun mix powder recipe|gulab jamun with milk powder-step by step recipe with pictures.
Gulab jamun is the Indian sweet dessert, which is deep-fried in oil or ghee and then soaked in the sugar syrup. it is made from milk solids or khoya, which is assorted with all all-purpose flour then kneaded, shaped, and fried.
Gulab jamun is the queen of Indian dessert, but I can’t say name one dessert because all of them are best.😁 there are many variations in shape and flavour in gulab jamun.
When the festivals arrive in India, gulab jamun are on the top list and every festival in India is incomplete without it especially Diwali.
What is gulab jamun mix powder made of?
Why to purchase gulab jamun mix from store when you can prepare it at home and trust me you don’t need to do any hard work to make gulab jamun mix powder.
But the hard work begins from kneading, frying, and making sugar syrup. In my opinion, it is cheap making premix at home and you can ensure the cleanliness as well.
To make gulab jamun premix mix milk powder, all purpose flour, and baking soda.
It’s done. Premix is prepared, isn’t simple?
Step by step recipe with pictures:
1. In a a big bowl add milk powder, all purpose flour and baking soda. Mix it nicely and gulab jamun premix is ready.
2. Then add ghee in the powder, mix it nicely with the help of your fingers.
3. Add yogurt in it and combine it well.
4. Then add milk and again combine it nicely until a soft dough is formed. Rest it for 10 minutes.
5. Meanwhile make chasni, add sugar and water in a pot and cook it on medium flame then add saffron strands, cardamom powder and lemon juice.
6. Make sure sugar is dissolved and boil it until chasni or sugar syrup turns sticky. It should be not be even one string consistency, it just need to be sticky which you can check by rubbing the sugar Syrup between forefinger and thumb.
If the sugar syrup has 1 string consistency or more than gulab jamun will not absorb the syrup and it may become hard as well.
7. After 10 min add milk in the dough and knead it for a minute. Don’t over-knead the dough.
8. Divide the dough into 27 to 30 equal portion and shape it into a small ball with no cracks.
9. Heat the oil or ghee on low flame for 3 to 4 minutes and place one by one Jamun in it and fry it until golden brown by swirling it with the help of a spatula.
10. Don’t make the flame to high, fry it on low flame and transfer the fried jamun in warm chasni or sugar syrup.
11. Repeat the same for rest of jamun i.e, fry and dip in sugar syrup. Let the gulab jamun sit in the syrup for 2 to 3 hours.
12. Serve it hot or cold or at normal room temperature.
Tips for perfect milk powder gulab jamun:
Gulab jamun dough – The dough should be soft, don’t over-knead the dough as it may lead to hard Gulab Jamun.
The dough would be sticky but that’s not the problem, preparing dough would be a little bit messy it may stick to your fingers, but when it is kneaded every thing will come together and you will get a perfect soft dough.
Jamun balls– prepare small lemon size ball from the dough, the ball should not be too big as it has baking soda in it so the dough ball would automatically rise while frying.
Frying– fry the jamun at low flame in ghee or oil, stir the Jamun very gently heat is distributed evenly and frying on the low flame will also prevent them from cracking.
Don’t stir the jamun frequently at the starting the jamun is very soft so stir it gently to avoid cracks.
Sugar syrup/chasni- Add the mentioned ratio of sugar and water to a pot and when the sugar dissolves add lemon juice and cardamom. Bring the sugar syrup to boil and that’s it.
This does not require any hard work. Sugar syrup should be thin but little bit sticky.
Check out Gulab jamun mix powder recipe|gulab jamun with milk powder video on YouTube.
Why does gulab jamun dissolve when frying?
Excess baking soda will make the gulab jamun very soft and jamun will dissolve in oil while frying.
Making gulab jamun with milk powder needs proper measurements and few tricks. So make sure to use measuring cups and spoons.
Why is gulab jamun hard?
Patience is the key to perfect gulab jamun. Don’t rush while frying, always fry it on low flame slowly and gradually.
Can I fry gulab jamun in oil?
Yes, it is not necessary to deep fry the gulab jamun in ghee, it totally depend on your choice whether you want to fry it in ghee or oil.
How to avoid cracks on gulab jamun?
Soft dough and frying jamun balls on the low flame will lead to crack free gulab jamun.😃
Other recipes you might like:
- 1 cup milk powder
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour(maida)
- 1/2 teaspoon Baking soda
- 3 tablespoon Ghee
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon yogurt
- 2 to 3 tablespoon milk to knead dough
- Oil for frying
- 2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder
- one pinch saffron strands
- To prepare the gulab jamun dough in a bowl add 1 cup milk powder, 1/2 cup all purpose flour and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Mix it well. Then add 3 tablespoon ghee and mix it nicely with your fingers.
- Add 1 tablespoon yogurt in it and again mix and then add 1/4 cup milk in it and combine it until it get together and soft dough is formed.
- Rest it for 10 minutes and meanwhile prepare chasni, in a pot add 1 1/2 cup sugar and 2 cup water. Cook it on medium flame when sugar melts add one pinch kesar strands, 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice and 1/2 teaspoon cardamom powder.
- Bring it to boil and turn off the flame.chasni should be sticky and make sure the chasni is warm when dipping jamun in it.
- After 10 min, add 2 to 3 tablespoon milk in the dough and knead it. Don’t over knead the dough.
- Divide the dough into equal small portion and shape in into a ball.
- Fry the jamun in oil or ghee at low flame fry it in 2 to 3 batches don’t overcrowd the pan.
- Swirl the jamun with spatula gently, when the jamun turns golden brown transfer it to warm sugar syrup.
- Repeat the same for rest of the jamun.
- Let the gulab jamun sit in the sugar for atleast 2 to 3 hours.
- It’s ready to serve.
All the tips and tricks are mentioned above so before making this recipe make sure to check that.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 79Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 3mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 0gSugar: 11gProtein: 1g
All information presented and written within shellyfoodspot.com are intended for informational purposes only.
If you have tried this Gulab jamun with milk powder recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and also share a snap how it turned out.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.