Learn how to make Fruity phirni recipe|fresh fruit milk pudding recipe – step by step with pictures.
Phirni is a healthy, delicious and easy to make a recipe, it is rich and creamy in texture. this phirni has a fruity twist to it. . you can use any fruit according to your choices like banana, mango, pomegranate, strawberries, or kiwi.
Phirni is very popular in north India, you will always find phirni on marriages, feast, occasions, or on Eid. but who waits for a special occasion for such a delicious dessert, you can prepare this for an after-dinner dessert.
There are many versions of phirni like apple phirni, mango phirni, Kesar phirni, almond phirni, lotus seed phirni etc.
I have used kiwi, strawberries, and banana, which are refreshing fruits. so you should try it once and trust me you will love it and will prepare again and again.
What is fruity phirni?
Fruity phirni is a combination of fresh fruit richness and phirni, usually, phirni is prepared with rice flour and full cream milk, but for this recipe, I have used cornflour and full cream milk and for flavouring, I have used cardamom powder, you can also use Kesar, dried rose petals, fennel seed powder, dry fruits or nuts
How to serve it?
Refrigerate the fruit phirni before serving, you can have it when craving for sweets after a meal or whenever you are craving for some sweets you can have it.
Step by step instructions with pictures:
In a heavy bottom pan, add milk and cornflour.cook it on medium flame and stir continuously, so that no lumps are formed.
When cornflour and milk are mixed nicely then add powdered sugar and mix it well.
After 5-6 minutes it will start bubbling and thickening, then add cardamom powder and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
Turn off the flame and slice the fruits that are kiwi and banana or you can use fruits according to your choice.
On the sliced fruits add 1 teaspoon of honey, mix and coat the fruit with honey
Assemble the fruits on a cup or a bowl.
Then pour phirni to it, and place it in a fridge. when chilled and set, serve the phirni and enjoy the delicious sweet milk pudding.
- 2 cup Full cream milk
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoon Cornflour
- 1 teaspoon Cardamom powder
- 1/2 sliced banana
- 1/4 cup sliced kiwi
- 1 teaspoon honey
- Chopped almonds or pistachios for garnishing
- In a heavy bottom pan, add 2 cups full cream milk and add 3 tablespoons of cornflour.cook it on medium flame and stir continuously, so that no lumps are formed.
- When cornflour and milk are mixed nicely, or after 3-4 minutes of good mix then you can add 1/2 cup powdered sugar and mix it well.
- Make sure you cook it on medium flame and stir continuously, otherwise it will burn from the bottom. after 5-6 minutes it will start bubbling and thickening, then add 1 teaspoon of cardamom powder and stir continuously to avoid lumps.
- Turn off the flame.
- Meanwhile, peel and slice the fruits that are kiwi and banana or you can use fruits according to your choice.
- On the sliced fruits add 1 teaspoon of honey, mix and coat the fruit with honey.
- Assemble the fruits on a cup or a bowl, you can layer the fruit and phirni too that is one layer of fruit and one layer of phirni and then repeat the same.i have added sliced fruit on the sides of the cup and chopped fruits for garnishing.
- Then pour phirni to it, and place it in a fridge. when chilled and set, serve the phirni and enjoy the delicious sweet milk pudding.
Don’t over cook the phirni, otherwise it will become rubbery.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 335Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 15gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 20mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 4gSugar: 25gProtein: 11g
All information presented and written within shellyfoodspot.com are intended for informational purposes only.
Other recipes you might like:
If you have tried this Fruity phirni recipe|fresh fruit milk pudding recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and let me know how you liked it.
You can follow me on Pinterest.