Fruit raita|Mix fruit raita|Fruit curd: Healthy, refreshing, smooth and delicious recipe. this fruit raita is very easy to make and only requires 10 minutes.
Raita is the side dish and very popular during summers in India. It can be accompanied with Indian meals or you can have it alone as a dessert or snacks.
You can find raita in any Indian restaurants or even street vendors they serve raita with chole kulche, chole bhature or with any meal.
It is not compulsory to use the same fruit as I have added you can use any fruit which is available in your kitchen pantry.
This fruit raita can also be prepared for navratri fasting, you can exclude the spices which are not allowed and rest of the process will be same.
I hope you will enjoy this refreshing combo of fruit and yogurt during this summers.
1. Dahi/Curd: Yogurt or curd or dahi is the main ingredient in this recipe, you can use homemade yogurt or readymade one.
Yogurt is very healthy and especially during summers, it hydrates and gives energy to our body.
2. Fruits & spices: Use seasonal and fresh fruits rather than frozen ones. you can use pears, mango, pineapple or any fruits according to your choice. to make the raita more healthy you can top it with nuts ands seeds.
I have used very basic spices, if you are making this raita vrat replace the salt with sendha namak and roasted cumin powder make the raita more delicious.
If you don’t want to black pepper then skip it or you can substitute black pepper powder with red chilli powder.
The quantity of sugar, spices and fruits can be increased or decreased according to your taste and preferences.
📝How to make fruit raita
- In a bowl add yogurt and whisk it nicely for few seconds so that it may become smooth and lump free.
- Add in powdered sugar and whisk it again, powdered sugar will fasten the process as it will incorporate in the yogurt easily.
- Then add in pomegranate seeds, chopped apple, sliced strawberries and grapes. mix it nicely so that fruits and yogurt are combined well.
- Add black salt, normal salt, roasted cumin powder and black pepper powder. Again combine it nicely.
- It’s ready to serve.
Checkout Fruit raita|Mix fruit raita|Fruit curd recipe video on YouTube.
If you have not added any spices in raita rather than fruit them it can last for 2 days in the refrigerator.If you have added spices then it will last for 5-6 hours or less than that.
Yogurt is very healthy and it gives cooling effect to our body. It is rich in calcium and protein.
Raita can be accompanied with any Indian meal or have it alone as a snack.
💯Other recipes you might like:
Connect with us on Instagram, YouTube & Pinterest.
Fruit raita|Mix fruit raita|Fruit curd
Easy, healthy and delicious fruit raita recipe. It can be accompanied with any Indian meal and is perfect for the scorching heat of summers.
- 1 cup yogurt or curd
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 2/3 Cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/2 Apple(chopped)
- 1 cup grapes(green and black)
- 2 strawberries (sliced)
- 1/4 teaspoon black salt
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- In the bowl add 1 cup yogurt and then whisk it for few seconds until the yogurt become lump free and smooth. Then add 1 tablespoon powdered sugar and combine it nicely.
- Then add 2/3 cup pomegranate seeds, half apple sliced, 1 cup grapes and 2 strawberries sliced. Combine it nicely then add all the spices and again combine it well.
- It’s ready to serve.
- The quantity of sugar, spices and fruits can be increased or decreased according to your taste and preferences.
- If you are making this raita vrat replace the salt with sendha namak.
- If you have not added any spices in raita rather than fruit them it can last for 2 days in the refrigerator.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 3gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 9mgSodium: 426mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 3gSugar: 26gProtein: 7g
If you have tried this fruit raita or fruit curd recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and also share a snap how it turned out.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.