This is the basic eggless semolina Cake recipe, it is extremely easy to prepare. pleasure your tastebuds with this delicious semolina cake without egg and oven.
This is the cake I prepare again and again, even thrice a month. It’s everyone’s favorite cake in my family and they always beseech for it. even during the lockdown time, I baked this cake for my own birthday.
There is nothing too sophisticated about this cake. I have baked this cake in a pressure cooker you can use an oven or microwave as well.
semolina cake has different versions and different names in different countries. in India semolina is also known as Rava and sooji. semolina cake is very popular in middle eastern countries and North African countries. Check out these easy eggless cake recipes collection.
- Is semolina flour gluten-free?
- How to make it step by step instructions
- Tips for perfect cake
- Can you freeze semolina cake?
- Other recipes you might like
🥣Is semolina flour gluten-free?
No, it is not. It Contains gluten you can try substituting it with gluten-free flour or try this quinoa banana bread.
📝step by step instructions of cake
- In a mixing bowl add oil and yogurt. Mix it for 2-3 minutes with a whisk.
- When oil and yogurt are mixed add semolina flour, all-purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder. Mix all the ingredients.
- Then add sugar and milk and mix it well until it turns into the smooth cake batter.
- Rest the cake batter for at least 20-30 minutes. Don’t skip this step as it will give a good texture to the cake and semolina will absorb the milk.
- After 30 minutes, give the batter a mix with a whisk in one direction and pour it into a greased and dusted cake tin.
- In a pressure cooker add salt and place the stand and preheat the cooker for 15 minutes on Low flame. Also, remove the pressure cooker whistle and sealing ring as well.
- when the cooker is preheated, transfer the cake tin to it. bake it for 30-35min on low flame or until baked.
- Check the cake by inserting a toothpick or a knife into the centre of the cake. if it comes out clean then your cake is ready.
- When baked, allow it to cool down and demould it later.
- I don’t think this cake needs any garnishing or any dressing up so you can serve it plain. Or if you want then you can use some fresh berries on top. Eggless semolina cake is ready to serve.
📌Tips for perfect cake
- If you’re baking the cake in a pressure cooker then don’t open the cooker lid every now and then.
- Always preheat the pressure cooker for at least 15-18 minutes.
- Bake the cake at low flame.
- Rest the cake batter for 20-30 minutes for best results.
- Use wet ingredients first and then dry ingredients, follow the recipe stepwise for best results.
- If you want to use the oven bake it at 180 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes.
- You can also use wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour or maida.
Can you freeze semolina cake?
yes! you can freeze semolina cake and which makes the cake moister. so you can freeze it in an airtight container and have it as a snack whenever you like. you can also give this as a treat for your kids in a lunchbox.
- 1 1/4 cup semolina ( use fine semolina)
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup milk
- In a large mixing bowl add 1/2 cup yogurt and 1/3 cup vegetable oil. I have used canola vegetable oil and homemade yogurt. you can also use store-bought yogurt too.
- Give oil and yogurt a good stir, then add 1 + 1/4 cup semolina, 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
- Give it a mix.
- Then add 1/8 cup milk and 1 cup powdered sugar. Mix all the ingredients and a smooth batter will be formed. The batter should not be either too runny or too thick it should be pouring consistency.
- If the batter is thick then you can add a tablespoon of milk.
- Rest the cake batter for 20-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the pressure cooker on low flame for 15 minutes and if you are using an oven preheat it to 200 degrees. I have also removed whistle and sealing ring from the pressure cooker.
- Before preheating I have added 2 cups of salt to the pressure cooker and a stand in it. salt helps to give balanced heat. if you don't have salt you can use 2 cups of sand as well.
- When the cooker is preheated place the cake tin in it and close the lid. Bake it for 30-35 minutes on low flame.
- When baked, let it cool down.
- Demould it and it's ready to serve
Don’t increase the flame when baking in a pressure cooker, always bake on low flame.
Rest the cake batter for 20-30 minutes for best results.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 180Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 16gCholesterol: 2mgSodium: 109mgCarbohydrates: 45gFiber: 1gSugar: 20gProtein: 5g
All information presented and written within shellyfoodspot.com are intended for informational purposes only.
Other recipes you might like
Believe me! You can never go wrong with this cake and you will love this Eggless Semolina Cake Recipe. This cake does not require eggs, an oven, or any special ingredients. so you don’t need to run to the store for any ingredients.
This cake is perfect for after dinner or after lunch dessert. You can also have it as a tea-time snack.
If you have tried this Eggless semolina cake recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and let me know how you liked it.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mailing list to get delicious recipes directly to your inbox.