Eggless ghee cake recipe|Whole wheat ghee cake – super moist ghee cake recipe prepared with wheat flour and tastes yum.
Ghee is prepared from malai (thick layer formed on the surface after boiling full-fat milk), in my home we make ghee ourself rather than buying from grocery store.
Ghee plays a vital role in every Indian kitchen either you are making sweets, cookies, rice or for frying too.
This cake is eggless and super soft. This cake goes well with tea or coffee. Checkout this whole wheat chocolate cake.
Diwali is coming, so on the special occasion of this festival you can surprise your loved ones with this delicious cake or you can pair it with some cookies as well. Trust me everyone will love it.
Can ghee be used instead of butter in cake?
Yes, ghee can be used instead of butter in the cake, ghee makes the cake super soft and you will get a very nice aroma while baking.
Alternatives ingredients that can be used:
- Wheat flour– Instead of wheat flour you can use all-purpose flour or gluten-free flour as well. You can also use the combination of GF flour and any flour like (bajra+whole wheat).
- Flax egg– If you don’t have flax seeds no issue! you can substitute flax egg with 1/2 cup yogurt.
- Sugar– sugar can be substituted with brown sugar or jaggery powder.
Step by step recipe recipe with pictures:
1. Sift all the dry ingredients (Whole wheat flour, cornflour or cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda and salt) and keep it aside.
2. To make flax egg- In a bowl add two tablespoon grounded flaxseed and 6 tablespoon water. combine it well and keep it aside for at least 7 to 10 minutes and it will become thick.
- 1tablespoon ground flaxseed = 3 tablespoon water.
- 2tablespoon ground flaxseed = 6 tablespoon water.
3. In a mixing bowl add ghee and powdered sugar combine it well.
4. Then add all the sifted dry ingredients and flax egg. Combine it well. Add milk in it again combine it well with the help of a spatula and a cake batter is done.
5. Transfer the cake batter to a greased cake mould and bake it in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 30 to 32 minutes.
6. When baked let the cake cool down and then serve it or you can store it in an airtight container for 6 to 7 days.
Checkout Eggless ghee cake recipe|Whole wheat ghee cake recipe on YOUTUBE.
Other recipes you might like:
Eggless chocolate banana bread
Eggless ghee cake recipe|Whole wheat ghee cake
Super soft and delicious ghee cake, perfect tea-time cake recipe.
- 1/2 cup ghee (melted)
- 1 cup + 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoon ground flax
- 6 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon cornflour or cornstarch
- Firstly you need to make flax egg because it need rest for 5 to 10 minutes. So to make flax egg add 2 tablespoon ground flaxseed and 6 tablespoon water in a bowl. Stir it well and keep it aside.
- Meanwhile, sift all the dry ingredients that are 1 1/4 cup wheat flour, 1 teaspoon cornflour or cornstarch, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon baking powder and baking soda.
- In a bowl add 1/2 cup ghee and 1 cup sugar, mix it well with the help of a whisk until combined.
- Add sifted dry ingredients in it and flax egg, combine it nicely.
- Lastly, add 1/2 cup milk in it and again combine it. cake batter is ready.
- Pour the cake batter in a greased cake mould and bake it at preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for 30 to 32 minutes or until the skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool down when baked. Slice it and serve.
Serving Size:1 slice
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 160Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 23mgSodium: 24mgCarbohydrates: 20gFiber: 1gSugar: 17gProtein: 1g
All information presented and written within shellyfoodspot.com are intended for informational purposes only.
This cake is very simple to make with no special equipment and ingredients. So if you have tried this whole wheat ghee cake recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and let me know how you liked it.
We would love to see your creation you can picture at [email protected] or you can also share the pics at Pinterest.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.
Thanks for the recipe, the cake looks amazing. Can’t wait to try it.
Awesome! I hope you enjoy it!👍