Dry chane recipe without onion garlic and tomatoes – this recipe is very easy to make, healthy and vegan. it is usually prepared during Navratri, it is also served as a Prashad in Gurudwara.
No onion, no tomatoes, no ginger, and no garlic. Surprised? Guess what! You just need some spices for seasoning and boiled black gram/chane. Spices used in this recipe are very common which would be available at your kitchen pantry every time.
This recipe hardly requires 10 minutes to prepare, you can prepare it for your kid’s lunchboxes, breakfast, lunch or when you’re tired and don’t want to spend time in the kitchen to cook.
In India, this recipe is specially prepared during Navratri, it is a very important festival celebrated by Hindus and it is celebrated twice a year.
During this festival, they don’t eat the food which has garlic and onion as they offer the food to God as ‘bhog’. So this recipe can also be prepared during navratri.
Some other recipes without garlic and onion – potato sabzi without onion and garlic, mashed potato balls recipe without egg and breadcrumbs, tomato- onion toast.
It tastes delicious and trust me! You won’t realize that there is no garlic, onion and tomatoes.
How to boil chana/black gram?
For boiling the chana/black gram, soak the chana for overnight or for 6-7 hours. When soaked discard the water and add chana to a pressure cooker then again add fresh water.
The water level in the pressure cooker should be enough so that the chana are soaked in the water. Pressure cook the chane on high flame. After two whistle, simmer the flame for 12 to 15 minutes, then turn off the flame.
And it’s boiled.😃
- Soak the chana overnight or for 6-7 hours.
- Don’t use boiled chana water, you just need to add boiled chana/black gram. So separate the chana and water after boiling.
- If you add some water by mistake when add chana, then you dry it up by cooking on high flame by stirring continuously.
- For more aroma, you can also add dry Kasuri methi. (dried fenugreek leaves)
- In a Kadhai or deep frying pan heat mustard oil on medium flame, then add finely chopped green chilli, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, and dry mango powder. Cook all the spices on medium flame.
- When all the spices are mixed, add boiled chane/black gram. Stir it with a ladle so that chane is coated with spices.
- When mixed properly add roasted cumin seed powder and gram masala. Again mix it and it’s ready to serve.
- Isn’t is easy? Just a few steps and you are good to go.
- Serve it hot.
Other recipes you might like:
- 3 cup boiled black chane/gram
- 1 green chilli (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder ( dhaniya powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 tablespoon dry mango powder (amchur powder)
- 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon roasted cumin seed powder (jeera powder)
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil (sarso ka tel)
- In a kadhai or a deep frying pan, heat 3 tablespoon mustard oil on medium the flame then add 1 green chilli finely chopped, 1/2 tablespoon of turmeric powder, 1/2 tablespoon of dry mango powder(amchur powder), 1/2 tablespoon red chilli powder, 1 tablespoon coriander powder, and 1 tablespoon salt.
- Mix all the spices with the help of a spatula then add 3 cup boiled black chana/gram. Mix it slowly with a spatula so that all the spices are coated well with chana.
- At last, add 1/2 tablespoon of roasted cumin seed powder and 1/4 teaspoon of garam masala. Mix it well.
- Garnish it with some chopped coriander and it's ready to serve.
You can serve it with chapati, bread, poori or halwa
If you are preparing this recipe during Navratri then you can use sendha namak or rock salt.
Serving Size:1/2 cup each
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 405
You might be thinking that without onion or garlic this spiced gram/chole would taste dull. trust me! You will achieve the taste just by using spices.
If you have tried Dry chane recipe without onion garlic and tomatoes or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and let me know how you liked it.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.