Dahi batata puri|Dahi wale golgappe|Dahi puri recipe: popular Indian Street food recipe (step by step instructions with pictures).
Puffed crispy balls stuffed with boiled potatoes, sweet yogurt, 2 different chutney(dip) for flavoring, and spices for seasoning.
Delhi, the capital city of India has a rich history and rich food culture. The street food vendor in Delhi are so innovative that they create a variety of recipes, there is a samosa seller near my home who sells 50 varieties of samosa. Incredible right?
Hats off to them, I always try making street-style food at home and their tasty food inspires me to do that and share with you all.
Prepare this Delhi-style dahi vale golgappe at home.
Dahi means yogurt and puri means golgappa. It is a very popular Indian street food in which golgappa is filled with sweet yogurt, chutney, and spices mix.
Personally, I prefer panipuri more than dahi puri, but I am fond of all Indian Street food.🍲
You will get multiple flavors in every puri that is sweet, tangy, sour, spicy, fruity, juicy, and crispy. I can’t name all so you should definitely try this once and I hope you will like it.
This recipe needs two chutney/dip:
Tamarind chutney: sweet and tangy chutney prepared with jaggery, this chutney can be stored for months, and it’s perfect for tiki or golgappa.
Coriander chutney: spicy coriander chutney requires 5 min to make.
I would recommend you prepare golgappa and chutney a day before to make the work easier. If all the prep is done then it will take just 5 to 7 minutes to make this dahi puri.
How to make dahi puri recipe:
1. Gently poke at the center of the golgappa with a finger and make a small hole in it. repeat the same for the rest of the golgappa.
2. Fill each golgappa with 2 to 3 pieces of boiled potatoes and arrange them in the plate.
3. Pour tamarind chutney and coriander chutney into each puri or golgappa then add sugar in the curd or yogurt and mix it nicely.
4. Add a generous amount of sweet yogurt in each puri. Prepare the spice mix by combining roasted cumin powder, red chilli powder and salt.
5. Sprinkle the spice mix on the puri then top it with a generous amount of thin sev, chopped coriander leaves and pomegranate seeds.
6. Serve it right away after preparing otherwise it may become soggy
7. You can adjust the spice level by increasing or decrease the amount of chilli powder. You can also increase and decrease the amount of chutney according to your preference.
Check out dahi wale golgappe recipe on YouTube.
Other recipes you might like:
- 14 golgappa
- 1 medium size boiled potato(chopped)
- 7 teaspoon coriander chutney
- 7 teaspoon tamarind chutney
- 1/2 cup yogurt
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- 1/2 teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 4 tablespoon thin sev
- 2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Make a small hole in the centre of all golgappa with finger and arrange them in a plate.
- Roughly chop one medium size boiled peeled potato and stuff 2 to 3 pieces of chopped boiled potatoes in each puri/golgappa.
- Pour 1/2 teaspoon tamarind chutney and coriander chutney in each puri then add generous amount of sweet yogurt in each puri.
- Prepare the spice mix by mix cumin powder, salt and red chilli powder. Sprinkle the spice mix over it.
- Top it with 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves, 4 tablespoon thin sev, 2 tablespoon pomegranate seeds.
- Serve it immediately.
serve it right away after preparing as it may turn soggy.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 100Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 2gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 4mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 14gFiber: 20gSugar: 19gProtein: 24g
All information presented and written within shellyfoodspot.com are intended for informational purposes only.
If you have prepared this dahi puri or dahi batata puri recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and also share a snap how it turned out.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.