This chocolate coconut bounty cake|coconut chocolate bounty cake is the combination of moist chocolate cake and sweet coconut. Isn’t it luscious combination? I love to use coconut mostly when preparing dessert, It just enhances the flavour.
You can top this cake with no-bake coconut balls, it is one of my favourite go-to dessert recipe, you can make it with condensed milk or without condensed milk well.
This chocolate coconut bounty cake is inspired by bounty bar in which the coconut bar is coated with melted chocolate.
After making the cake, I couldn’t stop myself from eating it.😍 when I completed taking photos I ate 2 pieces and the combination of chocolate and coconut is yum.
Other cake recipes you might like:
Step by step recipe with pictures:
1- In a bowl add yogurt and canola oil, mix it well with the help of whisk and then add powdered sugar and again whisk it.
2- When the powdered sugar is combined well in the oil and yogurt mixture then sift all the dry ingredients in it that are all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and baking soda.
3- Mix the flour with a spatula until the flour and wet ingredient are incorporated well. Then add milk and mix it well until the smooth batter is formed.
4- Transfer the cake batter to a greased cake tin and bake it in a preheated oven for 30 minutes or until baked.
5- Meanwhile the cake is baking prepare the coconut layer, In a pan add desiccated coconut and toast it for 2-3 minutes on low flame by stirring constantly. Make sure you don’t make it brown.
6. After 2-3 minutes add condensed milk and combine it well and then add 2 tablespoon of milk and again mix. Cook it on medium flame until it becomes thick.
7- Let the coconut mixture and chocolate cake mixture cool down.
8- Trim the dome top of the cake to make it even, then transfer the coconut mixture on it. Flatten it with the help of spoon or spatula.
9- Melt the dark chocolate and add butter for shiny chocolate, pour the chocolate on it and freeze it for 10-15 minutes.
10- Cake is ready to serve.
Feel free to use melted milk chocolate or white chocolate as well. I hope you will like this recipe.
This cake can be prepared on any special occasion or whenever you yearn for dessert. You cannot go wrong with this recipe just follow it step by step and please make sure to use measuring cups for best results.
Other recipes you might like:
Checkout chocolate coconut bounty cake|coconut chocolate cake recipe video on YOUTUBE.
- 2/3 cup all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 2/3 cup yogurt
- 1/4 cup canola oil or refined oil
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 1/3 cup condensed milk
- 2 tablespoon milk
- 100 gram chopped chocolate
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
Chocolate cake recipe
- In a mixing bowl add 2/3 cup yogurt or curd and 1/4 cup canola oil, mix it well. Then add 2/3 cup powdered sugar. Again whisk it so that it is combined well.
- Sift 2/3 cup all purpose flour, 1/3 cup cocoa powder, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon baking soda.
- Combine all the ingredients with the help of spatula and add 1/4 cup milk again combine it until smooth batter is formed.
- Bake the cake at preheated oven for 30 minutes at 180 degree Celsius or 350 degree Fahrenheit
- In a pan add 1 1/2 cup desiccated coconut and toast it for 2-3minutes at low flame by stirring continuously and please don't make it brown.
- Then add 1/3 cup condensed milk and combine it well with the help of a spatula.
- Lastly, add 2 tablespoons of milk and mix cook it for 4-5 minutes, when the mixture becomes thick. Turn off the flame.
- Let it the coconut mixture and cake cool down
- Cut off the dome top of the cake to make it even, then transfer the coconut mixture on it. Flatten it with the help of spoon or spatula to make it smooth.
- Melt 100gram of dark chocolate in a double boiler or microwave and add 1 tablespoon salted butter in it for shine.
- Transfer the chocolate sauce to cake and you can serve at that time or you can refrigerate it for 10-12minutes and then serve.
- You can also use melted milk chocolate or white chocolate as well.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 374Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 13mgSodium: 12mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 3gSugar: 30gProtein: 6g
All information presented and written within shellyfoodspot.com are intended for informational purposes only.
If you have prepared Chocolate coconut bounty cake|coconut chocolate cake recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and let me know how you liked it.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.