Chilli Chicken Recipe indian style|non-veg appetizer|chilli chicken recipe – step by step recipe with pictures.
It is very popular appetizer or you can say it is the most preferred appetizer in the Indo-chinese restaurant. chilli chicken is basically frying the chicken and then tossing the crispy chicken in sauce. this dish is very simple to make and can be made as evening snacks.
Usually restaurant use MSG (monosodium glutamate) and food colour to prepare this dish, as it has major side effect to health that’s why I have not used this in the recipe.
But trust me, you will get same taste of restaurant.when cooking such dishes in home, why to add artificial food colour or msg, just that it look good or have some Chinese flavour in it.try making it with natural ingredients at home.
I love to prepare snacks, mostly on weekend as its my off from college. I will try sharing more and more snacks recipe with you guys. hope you guys will give it a go and share your feedback with me.
Directions with pictures:
- 500 grams boneless chicken
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon red chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon Kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour or maida
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste
- Refined oil for frying
Chilli sauce and veggies
- 1 medium-sized capsicum (diced)
- 1 medium-size onion (diced)
- 2 green chilli (slit)
- 5 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon finely sliced ginger
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 3 tablespoon green chilli sauce
- 4 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoon refined oil
- Marinate chicken with 1 tablespoon red chilli powder, 1 tablespoon salt, 1 teaspoon dried kasturi methi, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder, 1 tablespoon all purpose flour or maida, 1 tablespoon corn flour and 1 tablespoon ginger garlic paste.set this aside for at least 25-30 minutes.
- Heat the oil, then fry the chicken on medium to low flame and make sure chicken is fully cooked as colour does not tell doneness.
- Transfer the fried chicken to a tissue paper or oil absorbent paper and keep it aside.
- Cube or dice the veggies that is 1 medium size onion, 1 medium size capsicum. Chop 5 cloves of chop garlic, 2 green chilli slit and 1 teaspoon ginger finely sliced.
- To make sauce- add 3 tablespoon refined oil or canola oil in a pan then add diced veggies and cook it in medium flame and make sure veggies has crunch rather then making it brown.
- Then add 4 tablespoon of tomato ketchup, 3 tablespoon of green chilli sauce, 1 teaspoon vinegar, 1/2 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper powder and mix it well.
- To prepare slurry- add 1 tablespoon of corn flour in 1/2 cup water and mix well.make sure their is no lumps, add that mixture to the sauce then stir continuously, sauce will become thick.
- Lastly, add fried chicken in the sauce and combine the chicken with sauce and it's ready to serve.
- Serve it hot.
You can use red food colour for restaurant like color.
Do not use the refined oil which you have used for frying chicken in vegetarian dishes as it will give the flavour of chicken.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 492Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 18gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 21mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 9gProtein: 37g
Other recipes you might like:
If you have prepared Chilli Chicken Recipe indian style|non-veg appetizer|chilli chicken recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and let me know how you liked it.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.