chicken tandoori tikka recipe|chicken tandoori tikka recipe on gas stove-Step by step recipe with pictures.
Chicken tandoori tikka is one of the popular dish in India and in the middle eastern countries, their are many version of chicken tikka like chicken tikka biryani, chicken tikka roll, chicken tikka curry.
Chicken tikka is anytime snacks and meal in itself. aromatic and juicy chicken tandoori tikka is prepared with curd, roasted gram flour, carom seeds, ginger-garlic paste, lemon juice and other seasoning.
This recipe is delight for non-vegetarian lover, you can prepare restaurant style chicken tikka at home by following this recipe.i have fire grill the cooked chicken on gas stove for smokey and tandoor flavour in it.
Don’t worry if you don’t have oven, you can get the same smokey and juicy chicken on gas stove.
You can fire grill your cooked chicken on gas stove burner.so no need to compromise, you can prepare this recipe without oven, follow this recipe step by step to prepare delicious tandoori chicken tikka.
Side dish to serve with chicken tandoori tikka:
you can serve chicken tandoori tikka with mint and coriander chutney, lemon, onion rings, naan bread, tandoori roti, cucumber raita, saffron rice, rumali roti, cumin rice, yogurt dip, salad, pickled vinegar onion(sirka pyaz), plain basmati rice.
Step by step recipe with pictures:
- Clean the chicken, make cuts on the chicken.so that all the marination seasoning is infused in it.
- In a bowl add chicken, 3 tbsp ginger-garlic paste,3 tsp kashmiri red chilli powder, 2 tsp salt and lemon juice and marinate it for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile when the chicken is marinating for 20 minutes, in a pan add 3 tbsp mustard oil, heat the oil on medium flame then add 1/4 tsp carom seeds and 2 tbsp gram flour. roast the flour for few minute on medium flame by stirring continuously.
- Turn off the flame,add the flour mixture in the chicken, then add 1/2 cup yogurt, 1 tsp garam masala, 1 tsp chaat masala, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/4 tsp red food colour and 1 tsp kasuri methi. mix it well, marinate the chicken for 4 to 5 hour.
- Add mustard oil in a pan then add the marinated chicken in the pan, smear some oil if needed to prevent sticking of chicken to pan.cover the pan with a lid for 15 to 20 minutes on low flame. so that chicken is cooked propely and have juicy texture.after 4-5 minutes flip the chicken pieces and again cover it with lid on medium flame.
- Remove the lid, lower the heat to simmer and cook until the chicken is dried up.when chicken is dried, turn off the flame. lift the chicken with tong(chimta), fire grill the chicken from both the side on the burner on medium flame for a minute.when grilling, the chicken will get brown/black spot. but dont burn it just grill it for 1-2 minutes, and the chicken is ready to serve after grilling.
- sprinkle some chaat masala and serve hot.
Other recipe you might like:
- 1/2 kg chicken
- 3 tablespoon ginger-garlic paste
- 3 teaspoon Kashmiri red chlli powder
- 2 teaspoon salt
- 1 small lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon mustard oil
- ¼ teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- 2 tablespoon gram flour (besan)
- ½ cup yougurt (curd)
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- ¼ teaspoon red food colour (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried kasuri methi leaves (Fenugreek leaves)
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- Checkout step by step instructions with pictures mentioned above.
1. The more time you marinate the chicken, the more flavourfull it will be.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 174Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 53mgSodium: 7mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 1gSugar: 1gProtein: 15g
If you have tried chicken tandoori tikka recipe|chicken tandoori tikka recipe on gas stove or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and also share a snap how it turned out.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.