Amritsari papad potato croquette|papad potato croquette recipe- step by step recipe with pictures.
papad potato croquette is basically the potato cutlet coated with papad, for crispiness and crunch.this is the perfect appetizer for evening snacks, kitty party or for a kids party.
These croquettes are nice and crispy from outside and blast of flavors from inside.
If you are expecting a guest at last minute, you can prepare this recipe and they will love it for sure. to make your work easier you can boil the potatoes a day before and store it in the refrigerator, when needed you can use it or if you have leftover mashed potatoes or boiled potatoes you can use it as well.
Coating of papad to cutlet provides crispy texture to it.
Other appetizer recipes you might like:
What is papad?
Papad is a very thin crispy flatbread, made of rice, urad dal, and potatoes.
Papad are extremely popular in India, it is accompanied with almost every Indian meal. Indian thali is incomplete without papad, it has a distinct taste and crunch which makes the papad must-have.
My grandmother makes many varieties of papad at home like fulwadia which is made of rice flour in a swirl shape, potato chips, and dal papad.
Papad is sun-dried, it is stored in the airtight container and can be fried in oil or roast it when needed.
Papad coated on croquette gives the crispy texture to it.you can use homemade papad or store-bought papad too, whichever is available at your place.
If papad is not available then you can use roasted poha or bread crumb.papad is the special ingredient in this recipe,try this recipe you will love it.
STEP BY STEP RECIPE OF PAPAD POTATO CROQUETTES:
- 5 boiled potatoes (medium size)
- 2 chopped green chilli
- 1/4 cup chopped coriander leaves
- 1 tablespoon thinely sliced ginger
- 1 lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mango powder or anchor
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon red chilli powder
- Refined oil or canola oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon maida or all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup water
- Boil and mash 5 potatoes, or you can boil potatoes a day before and use it the other day. it will save time and make your work easier. meanwhile when the potatoes are boiling chop 2 green chili, 1/4 cup coriander leaves, 1 tablespoon sliced ginger, and cut one lemon into half.
- In a bowl add mashed potatoes, chopped green chili, sliced ginger, chopped coriander and squeeze one lemon then add 1 tablespoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon amchur powder(dried mango powder), 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder, 1/2 teaspoon red chili powder and mix it well.
- When it is mixture is combined well, to make slurry take 2 tablespoons of maida and 1/4 cup water then mix it well. for the coating of croquette crush the papad into small pieces.
- Divide the potato mixture into equal portion and shape each portion in round shape or you can shape according to your choice oval, round, or heart shape.
- Dip each croquette into flour and water mixture, and roll it in the crushed papad.do the same for the rest of the croquette.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep fry the croquette until golden brown. when fried transfer it to a tissue paper. serve it hot with green coriander chutney.
If papad is not available then you can use roasted poha or bread crumb.papad is the special ingredient in this recipe
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 2mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 10g
If you have prepared Amritsari papad potato croquette|papad potato croquette recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and also share a snap how it turned out.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.