This malai onion sandwich is creamy and super crunchy at the same time, this sandwich requires very basic ingredients which would be always available in your kitchen pantry.
You know what! I am obsessed with malai these days, there are 3 main reasons firstly it’s healthy, perfect for skincare especially for my type of dry skin and thirdly I want to try more and more recipes with using malai.
Do you guys want more malai recipes?
I had posted this recipe in 2019, when I started blogging but I had not structured the post nicely as I was beginner and had very less knowledge about all these.
So, I have updated and structured the post nicely, with new images as well.
This malai onion sandwich is very quick and simple to make, malai and onion goes very well with each other and is perfect combination.
You can also add grated carrots and finely chopped tomatoes or capsicum in the malai mixture but I prefer to keep it simple that is onion and malai.
Serve this sandwich with a hot cup of milk, tea or coffee.
- Bread: you can use white bread, multigrain bread or whole wheat bread, use any of these bread according to your preference.
- Malai: it is collected from the surface of the boiled milk, it is the thick white layer which is extracted from the boiled milk. you can use fresh malai or 1 day old malai.
- Other: salt and black pepper powder, that’s it only 2 spices.
(Quick tip: If you’re craving for sweet then don’t add salt, pepper and onion, spread malai on bread then sprinkle sugar over it and grill)
How to make malai onion sandwich
- In a bowl add malai, finely chopped onion, chopped green chilli, salt and black pepper powder.
- Mix it well.
- Cut a bread into two halves and spread malai mixture on both the bread slice. press both the slice of bread.
- Spread oil or ghee or butter on tawa and place the sandwich over it and cook it on medium flame by flipping it 2-3 times or until it turns golden brown and crispy.
- When the bread is toasted then transfer it to a serving plate, serve it immediately with chutney or tomato ketchup and with tea or coffee.
Checkout malai onion sandwich recipe video on YouTube.
Other recipes you might like
- 1/2 cup malai
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- 1 finely chopped medium size onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 6 bread slice
- In a bowl add 1/2 cup malai then add 1 finely chopped green chilli, chopped onion, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder.
- Mix it well.
- Spread the malai mixture on sliced bread slices and then smear a teaspoon of oil or ghee on tawa.
- Toast the sandwich on medium flame by flipping it and making it golden brown from both the sides.
- Serve it immediately.
- you can add grated carrot or chopped tomatoes or capsicum in the malai mixture.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 628mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 8g
All information presented are intended for informational purposes only.
If you have tried this malai onion sandwich recipe or any other recipe on shellyfoodspot then please take a minute to rate the recipe and leave a comment and also share a snap how it turned out.
Follow us on Pinterest and subscribe to our mail list to get delicious recipe directly to your inbox.